The Disciplinary Committee of the Northern Regional Football Association has declared BMC Stars FC winners of the protest against West Mamprusi Utd FC
BMC Stars FC had protested against West Mamprusi United FC for fielding four (4) unqualified players in the match day six (6) fixtures at the Walewale Astro Turf contrary to Article 22(4) of the RFA regulations.
The club therefore prayed the committee to award them three (3) points and three (3) goals and also apply the necessary sanctions against West Mamprusi United.
Disciplinary Committee in a statement said its finding showed that one (1) player out of the four (4) is found not to have registered with the Ghana Football Association and therefore not qualified to play the match.
“The Committee therefore makes the following Decisions:
1. It is the holding of the committee that protest of BMC Stars FC shall succeed.
2. That for using an unqualified player in the Regional Division Two League Match Day Six, West Mamprusi United FC shall forfeit the match in accordance with Article 33(1)(e) of the GFA Regional Football Associations Leagues Regulations (2021).
3. That having been found to have forfeited the match, (West Mamprusi United FC) shall be considered as having lost the match in accordance with Article 33(2) of the GFA Regional Football Associations Leagues Regulations (2021) and accordingly, three (3) points and three (3) goals are hereby awarded in favour of BMC Stars FC.
4. That in addition, being the defaulting club, West Mamprusi United FC shall lose three (3) points from the club’s accumulated points from their previous matches pursuant to Article 33(5)(a) of the GFA Regional Football Associations Leagues Regulations (2021).
5. That in addition, the defaulting club (West Mamprusi United FC) is hereby fined Five Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC 500.00) payable to the RFA, 60% of which shall be paid to BMC Stars FC pursuant to Article of the GFA Regional Football Associations Leagues Regulations (2021)” among others.
NRFA COMMUNICATION BUREAU